8 7212 41 53 86
8 778 266 08 81
Customer: Tengizchevroil LLP
Contractor: Energy System Services LLP
Site location: Tengiz field
Deadlines: December 2018 - April 2019
As part of the FGP/WPMP project, Energy System Services conducted a technical survey of 110 kV L156, L157 and L171 of TCO power grids. Visual and instrumental inspection of power transmission line components was carried out, using photographic surveys, during which all damage and defects of the overhead power lines were recorded and the residual life of the components was assessed.
The length of the surveyed section of the high-voltage line was about 6000 meters. Of all the surveyed poles 10 types of poles were inspected using the instrumental method (9 metal poles and 1 reinforced concrete pole).
The instrumental inspection of the overhead power line poles included the following:
- conductor sag in all spans and pole top deflection about an axis using tacheometric survey measured;
- the degree of damage to concrete foundations and supports (strength of concrete, depth and width of crack opening) by ultrasonic method determined;
- current spreading resistance of poles grounding circuits measured;
- pulling of tension wires measured using IN indicator by the method of superposition without removing the wires;
- condition of connecting and downlead clamps checked using thermal imaging equipment.
It is important to note that the following difficulties were registered during the survey: the majority of the overhead power line runs through TCO's industrial and technical zone, and that some of the poles were located in the flooding and sor (salt lake) area, which limited access for energy experts.
Upon completion of the technical inspection, the data were processed and a technical report on all the facilities was issued. In this report, the residual life of power transmission line components was determined and the technical condition of the components of the overhead power line and the entire site was assessed. Recommendations on further operation and elimination of the comments and defects were provided.