Construction and repair of electrical grid facilities
Construction and reconstruction of 0.4 – 220 kV overhead power lines (OHL)
Energy System Services has all required human, material and technical resources to implement large projects in OHL construction and reconstruction.
The personnel is highly qualified and experienced in OHL construction in industrial environment, especially in oil & gas and mining sectors.
Construction of new OHL and reconstruction of the existing ones include the following stages:
1. Preliminary works
- Review of design and estimate documents (Submittals), development and approval of Method Statement (MS) and other procedures, inspection of the involved personnel’s qualification.
- Material supply.
2. Mobilization of workforce and machinery.
- Geodesic survey and marking out OHL route.
- Main works
3. Transportation and distribution of poles and components along OHL route.
- Poles installation, fixing cross arms.
- Drilling (excavation) of foundation pits for poles and crossbeams.
- Installation of anchor blocks, crossbeams, foundations and reinforced poles into soil.
- Installation of metal poles onto foundations.
- Installation of grounding devices.
- Installation of insulator strings and insulators.
- Installation of conductors and lightning protection ropes.
- Installation of line electric devices (disconnecting devices, surge arrestors, etc.).
- Commissioning, electric testing, phasing.
- Signs and placards installation, numbering the poles.
- Cleaning a territory and demobilization.
ESS’s strength is ability to implement full cycle of OHL construction beginning from design documents development and material supply till commissioning and starting up. We use advanced techniques and materials during Installation, including SIW conductors and ENSTO reinforcement.
The Company’s Quality Control Department and its own electro technical laboratory (ETL) ensure quality control of works implemented on the sites.